It’s hard to believe it has been 26 years since Streets of Rage 3 released on the SEGA Genesis / Mega Drive and after waiting since 2018 since the announcement of Streets of Rage 4 – we can finally sink our teeth into retro nostalgia with a modern gloss.
Streets of Rage 4 has finally been announced with a ‘confirmed’ release date of April 30th 2020 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam or GoG – which will retail for $24.99.
- The comeback of the legendary Streets of Rage series.
- Beautiful graphics fully hand-drawn animated by the studio behind Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.
- Classic gameplay enhanced with brand new mechanics.
- Soundtrack by a wide line-up of world-class musicians.
- 5 main playable characters and many unlockable retro characters.
- 2 players online co-op, and up to 4 players locally.
- Story mode, Arcade mode, Battle mode.
- Roasted chicken (or it is braised?) served on a pristine plate, and more!
I am still not sure what to make of this new modern gloss approach they have given the game, but looking forward to giving it a whirl on April 30th to give it a fair chance.