If you love point and click adventure games (yes of course I am one of them!), you can now download the long awaited ScummVM 0.10.0. It may be an odd version number and I still await the day when we see version 1, but hey this is an important release with a vast list of new features.
These features include:
- Several new engines and thus new games supported:
- Sierra AGI engine: Space Quest I & II, King’s Quest I-III and many more, including a vast number of fan-made games,
- Cinematique evo 1 engine: Future Wars,
- GOB engine: Bargon Attack, Gobliins 2, Goblins 3, Ween: The Prophecy,
- AGOS engine: Simon the Sorcerer’s Puzzle Pack,
- Parallaction engine: Nippon Safes Inc.,
- Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer engine.
- DXA movies (higher quality than MPEG2) can be compressed better now and can be used for the Broken Sword cutscenes.
- Added ‘Mass Add’ feature to the Launcher, which allows you to scan for all games in all subdirectories of a given directory (to use it, press shift then click on “Add Game”).
- Many nice improvements to our ports.
- And as usual a gazillion small fixes, tweaks and improvements.
So get your pointing and of course clicking at the ready for a blast from the past. Thanks to this gem of software, our most favourite classics have reappeared on computers near you! We shouldn’t forget all the work that must have gone into this program and I personally thank the ScummVM team for all their hard work and commitment in this project.
Also don’t forget my ScummVM Music Enhancement Project, which can be found right here on my blog.