In my latest podcast, I chat with Jon Fox who is the co-founder, mastermind and code monkey of IntenseDebate.
With IntenseDebate, you can let your readers post comments using services like Facebook, Twitter, and OpenID. They can also sign up for an IntenseDebate profile or simply comment without one as a Guest. E-mail notifications alert you and your readers of new comments, encouraging return visits and additional commenting. You can reply to and moderate comments via email, while threading makes it easy to follow the conversation and many more features that are described in this podcast.
Podcast topics include:
- What is IntenseDebate?
- How did it all begin?
- Features of IntenseDebate
- Any slowdown when adding so many features to your own site?
- Rating comments
- Facebook and Twitter integration
- Reputation system
- The dreaded SPAM
- Additional plugins for IntenseDebate
- Automattic Inc. purchasing IntenseDebate and the effect of this transaction
- IntenseDebate future on WordPress.com blogs
- What can IntenseDebate offer over any rivals with a similar feature list?
- Looking to the future…
- IntenseDebate on Mobile devices
- HTML5 and VP8