In the latest Console Monster Podcast, I interview Toby Allen, Assistant Producer from Sumo Digital, who are behind the Xbox 360 port of Virtua Tennis 3.
Also featured is an interview with Max Freiert from Compete Blog [38:14], who discusses his two posts on ‘Xbox 360, Halo 3, and Gears of War: Violence breeds killer apps?‘ and ‘Xbox360 vs. Wii vs. PS3: Demand doesn’t lie‘.
The Virtua Tennis 3 interview includes the following topics:
- Who are Sumo Digital?
- Toby’s experience in gaming
- Still enjoy the games you develop after release?
- Developing for next generation systems
- Difference in quality of development tools
- Multi-platform gaming development
- Creating games on lower spec systems
- Played previous Virtua Tennis games?
- What has changed in this latest incarnation?
- What is all the fuss about 1080p?
- Why does the Xbox 360 version have online multiplayer, but the PlayStation 3 does not?
- What is the process involved when porting a game?
- Any major/minor differences between the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions?
- What is involved with the single player experience?
- Achievements spread
- Favourite mini game?
- Online spectator mode (VT:TV)
- What Xbox Live features are included?
- Any downloadable content in the future?
- Possible patch update to fix a few minor issues?
- Any game ideas that didn’t make the final version?
- Any tips?
- The under-arm serve technique
- Will there ever be a Nintendo Wii version of Virtua Tennis 3?