In an agreement with HGZine, I have been given permission to release certain audio interviews I have recorded for the online magazine right here on my personal website as podcasts.
I interview Steve Lycett, Executive Producer and Travis Ryan Lead Designer of SEGA Superstars Tennis. Although this interview was intended for a portable handheld magazine, there is a lot of detail about the next generation versions as well.
- What is SEGA Superstars Tennis
- How did it all come about?
- How close is SEGA Superstars Tennis to Virtua Tennis 3?
- Control scheme
- Characters featured and their skills
- The Gilius Thunderhead voice! (Golden Axe)
- Superstar abilities
- What SEGA characters didn’t make it
- PSP version of SEGA Superstars Tennis coming?
- NiGHTS appearance, flying and playing tennis
- Mini-Games details
- Available game modes
- Court environments
- Musical assets
- Using DS specific controls
- Working on portable gaming systems compared to consoles