Recorded on Valentine’s Day, James Woodcock rips himself away from his girlfriend and Barrie Rogers away from his never ending mistress of delight Viva Pinata and delve into the latest news regarding the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii and debate the issues.
Also featured is an interview with the Compete Blog [38:45] to discuss there post ‘Xbox 360 Wins the Holiday Battle, But Nintendo’s Wii Positioned to Win the War‘ with Max Freiert and Matt Pace.
The debate features:
- Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Demo
- Unreal Tournament 3 confirmed for Xbox 360
- Multi-platform gaming taking over exclusive needs?
- Saints Row announced for PS3
- Virtua Tennis 3 in 1080p on Xbox 360, but does it mean anything?
- Announced Xbox Live Arcade games for February and onwards
- Evil marshmallows!
- Ode to all things Worms
- Call of Duty 3 Map Pack for Xbox 360
- Sony say “Nintendo Wii impulse purchase“
- Xbox 360 to feature on BBC TV Watchdog
- Upcoming content for Rainbow Six Vegas Xbox 360
- Barrie and James share their Valentine Card moments
- What games do James and Barrie Lurrrvvve at the moment?
- Games we are hoping for?
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 – A complete boob!
With James Woodcock hosting, Barrie Rogers and Anthony Barker have a chat about the Game of the Year article written by Steve Wysowski and voted for by the 360monster.com staff. We also announce the actual overall winner of the 360monster.com Game of the Year award for 2006!
Whether it is bashing zombies over the head, Barrie singing the Viva Pinata tune, Barrie getting all excited over erotic zombie photos, Barrie crashing in Burnout or Anthony with his egg cups award, the latest Console Monster podcast is a must download for those curious about some of the decisions made in this article.
The Game of the Year categories we cover are:
- Best Shooter
- Best Adventure/Action Game
- Best RPG
- Best Racing Game
- Best Sports Game
- Best Graphics
- Best Audio
- Most Unique Game
- Best XBOX LIVE Game
- Best Xbox LIVE Arcade Game
- Worst Game of the Year
Finally we finish with the major award of the entire show, this is of course Game of the Year nominations and the result for 2006!
In this much shorter edition of the Console Monster podcast as we build up to Podcast #4 which will have a larger debate section, here is the third in our series featuring Vixen from weareversus.com who tantalises us over the phone with her initial impressions of the Nintendo Wii.
Our second interview is with staff member Art Geen, who discusses his personal experience with the Sony PlayStation 3 console.
- Nintendo Wii a party console only?
- Wii60 philosophy believer?
- Nintendo Wii Community
- Hoarding the Vixen way
- Sony PlayStation 3 deliberations
- PS3 Sixaxis a Nintendo Wii reaction?
- PS3 European delays
- Microsoft Xbox 360 or Nintendo Wii at this point?
- Zelda love of longevity
- Graphics artistic enough to encourage hours of gameplay?
- How did you get your PS3?
- Online working surprisingly well
- Unusual friends system
- Interface design
- Bluray movie playback
- What games are you looking forward to?
- Resistance thoughts?
- Positives and negatives
- Missing rumble?
- Sixaxis impressions?
- Controller solid feel?
- Launch conclusion?
Here is the 2nd Console Monster Podcast hosted by James Woodcock (yes that is me!). In this edition I decided to have a bit more fun with it and also created a new music theme for the show. The music is quite cheesy and has a happy spirit about it, but I really like it and hopefully the majority of listeners will as well! It was played live on a Yamaha Tyros 2 keyboard.
First of all we start with the Halo 3 Beta Competition [00:29] followed by an interview with Max Freiert [02:14] from the Compete Blog regarding the findings in his ‘Xbox 360 Launch 2.0‘ which compares how the Nintendo Wii, Sony PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 did at launch recently then finishing with a friendly debate [13:44] with Barrie Rogers and Steve Wysowski covering the following topics:
- Steve’s Nintendo Wii first impressions
- Graphics or artistic presentation?
- Barrie finally comes to the HDTV world
- James’s experience with the Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive
- Is the Microsoft Xbox 360 coping with the launch of the Nintendo Wii and Sony PlayStation 3?
- Xbox 360 one year later
- Blue Dragon Rescues the Xbox 360 in Japan?
- Barrie’s Phantasy Star Universe first impressions
- Sonic the Hedgehog next generation disaster?
- Barrie expresses his love for Viva Pinata
- Is the Xbox 360 only a mature gamer console?
- Halo 3 Trailer
Here is the very first Console Monster Podcast hosted by myself.
Featured in the first edition is an introduction with Anthony Barker, who informs us about the features of 360monster.com and what we can expect in the future with the new network sites PS3monster.com and Wiimonster.com.
The rest of the podcast focuses on a conversational style debate with myself, Anthony Barker and Barrie Rogers who is the 360monster.com lead editor.
This podcast features:
- Gears of War first impressions
- Viva Pinata expectations
- Gears of War 8 players online enough?
- Call of Duty 3 first impressions
- Halo 2 removed from most played top spot by Gears of War
- Rainbow Six Vegas single player and multiplayer demo impressions
- Xbox 360 advertisement blitz in the United Kingdom
- Halo 3 public multiplayer beta and new Halo 2 maps
- New Xbox Live Arcade titles
- Retro gaming headache?
- Sony PlayStation 3 launch impressions and press
- Nintendo Wii launch impressions and press
- Red Steel mediocre review score on Gamespot
If you would like to have a question or comment feature in the next podcast, please leave your thoughts on our voicemail service, call UK: –THIS NUMBER IS NO LONGER USED, SORRY– or Worldwide: –THIS NUMBER IS NO LONGER USED, SORRY–.
We recorded this podcast using Skype and the Skylook application.